Happy Labor Day!!!! As most of the United States has today off due to it being a national holiday, I work today. Unfortunately, I don’t get holiday pay which surprises me since I am union. As much as I wish I got holiday pay for my current job, I don’t mind because I love my job.
Well, this particular post isn’t about not getting holiday pay from my current employer, it is about my weekly goals. Like I do every week I am going to share with you on how I did with last weeks goals first.
1) Read Speaker of the Dead by Orson Scott Card. Yes, I did read this week. It was only a hand full of pages but I read.
2) Work on jigsaw puzzle. I spent about an hour working on the puzzle. I love the fact that Junior helped me out with it. He loves to do puzzles as well.
3) Color. Yes, I spent time coloring. This week I colored with some neighbors. Not only did I color with some neighbors in my apartment building, when I was at Junior’s place he colored along with me.
4) Clean my apartment. Yup, I cleaned my apartment. Junior helped. Well, he cleaned the kitchen.
5) Work on a self-help workbook; The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook by Matthew McKay, PhD., Jeffery C. Wood, PSY.D., and Jeffrey Brantley, MD. I worked on it this week. I didn’t complete the chapter but I worked on it. That’s all it counts is that I worked on it.
6) See my therapist on Wednesday. I saw my therapist on Wednesday. It was a tough session. We discussed about doing trauma work again. It’s something that I am highly considering on doing again. I know it won’t be easy process but I know I can handle it.
As you can tell I accomplished my goals last week even though I didn’t do as much as I had hoped. Now it is on to this weeks goals:
1) Read Speaker of the Dead by Orson Scott Card. This will be a weekly goal till I am done with the book.
2) Work on jigsaw puzzle. I love doing jigsaw puzzles. I love seeing the progression as it gets put together. I also like the feeling of accomplishment when it is done. Plus, I love being able to spend time with Junior. It is something we do together a lot of the time.
3) Color. Coloring is something that helps me relax and distress.
4) Start Writing 101 Finding Your Inspiration. Today, I start one of the many courses WordPress has to offer. In fact it is the Writing 101 Finding Your Inspiration course. The course starts today and ends Friday, October 2, 2015. So, in reality this is going to be one of my weekly goals for the next week.
5) Work on a self-help workbook; The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook by Matthew McKay, PhD., Jeffery C. Wood, PSY.D., and Jeffrey Brantley, MD. I am hoping that I will finish chapter 2 this week.
I don’t have much else to say in regards to this weeks goals. I have to head off to work now but before I go I would like to mention that this is part of a weekly blogging event that is quite helpful. I encourage to go check it out over at: http://greenembe.rs/2015/09/07/building-rome-week-36-for-2015/. Happy Labor Day everyone and peace out!!!!