Good evening, everyone! I hope everyone had a good start to the work week. The start of my work week started off on a hectic note but hey, I work in the mental health field so it is to be expected on occasion. I hope tomorrow is a little less hectic at work but I better knock on wood. I’m not here to talk about how hectic work was today. I’m here to discuss my weekly goals. Before, I going with this weeks goals, I’m going to tell you how I did with last weeks goals.
1) Read Speaker of the Dead by Orson Scott Card. Yes, I did read some this week but not much. I just didn’t make as much time for it like I hoped that I would.
2) Work on jigsaw puzzle. Yes, I did work on my puzzle. I got all the end pieces together. I am thrilled about it.
3) Work on a self-help workbook; The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook by Matthew McKay, PhD., Jeffery C. Wood, PSY.D., and Jeffrey Brantley, MD. I unfortunately didn’t work on it at all. I don’t have any excuses. I just didn’t make time to do it.
4) See my therapist on Thursday. Yes, I did see my therapist. I saw her for about an hour and half. It was a difficult session.
5) Go to a youth specific suicide prevention training on Wednesday. Yes, I did go. In fact I blogged about it; https://gertiesjourney.com/2015/08/27/yesterdays-safetalk-training/.
Now that you know how I did on my weekly goals, you know that I didn’t accomplish all of them. I hope that I will be able to accomplish my goals for this week. My goals for this week as follows:
1) Read Speaker of the Dead by Orson Scott Card. Like, I have said in other post, this will be a weekly goal till I finally finish the book.
2) Work on jigsaw puzzle. I love doing jigsaw puzzles. It relaxes me. I hope to work on my puzzle for 15 minutes a day.
3) Color. As I have said before, coloring relaxes me just like reading and working on jigsaw puzzles do. In fact I got some coloring posters in mail on Friday that I ordered from http://www.stuff2color.com/. I love to color and work on multiple coloring projects at any given time. I do this so I don’t get frustrated with a particular piece.
4) Clean my apartment. It’s pretty self explanatory. I just need to clean my place.
5) Work on a self-help workbook; The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook by Matthew McKay, PhD., Jeffery C. Wood, PSY.D., and Jeffrey Brantley, MD. I will make sure I work on this week. I will work on chapter two and hopefully start on chapter three.
6) See my therapist on Wednesday. Yes, I did see my therapist last week but I have another appointment with her this week. I know I have mentioned it before that I rarely miss an appointment but it is still difficult to do.
As you can tell, I have some of the same goals I have had in previous weeks. When it comes to the leisure activities such as reading, coloring and jigsaw puzzles, I have to make sure I schedule it because I tend to not do things that bring me leisure. Or at least in the past I have it going into Autumn I need to get into the habit. When it comes to seeing my therapist and working on a self-help book, I make it a continuous goal because it helps me in my recovery just like planning my leisure activities. Just want you all to know that. Once again thank you for reading my weekly goals. I am beyond grateful that I joined this weekly blogging event. I encourage you to all look at it over at: http://greenembe.rs/2015/08/31/building-rome-week-35-for-2015/. Have a great evening. Peace out!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.