Happy Monday!!! It is the start of another work week and like always I was looking forward to going to work today but still not feeling all that well so I called into work sick. I love the fact that I look forward to going to work each day even when I am unable to do so. It being Monday, it also means it is time to do my weekly goals. Like always I will start with how I did with my last weeks goals.
1) Read Speaker of the Dead by Orson Scott Card. I only read a total of three pages but I read. I ended up starting to read another book that highly encouraged for those of us who work in the mental health field to read.
2) Work on jigsaw puzzle. I spent a great deal of time work on the puzzle this week since I haven’t been feeling all that well.
3) Color. Another thing I spent a great deal of time doing this week since I wasn’t feeling all that well.
4) Writing 101: Finding Your Inspiration. I finishing up Writing 101. I learned a great deal from it and hope to continue finding inspiration in everything.
5) Update my résumé. Yup, I update my résumé. I was even able to update my references with both my previous and current supervisor of my current employer.
6) Work on cover letter. I updated my cover letter. I find it difficult to look at my strengths but was able to do so.
7) Apply for a least one job. Yup, I applied for a job. It was only one job but it is the job I most want.
8) Work on a self-help workbook; The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook by Matthew McKay, PhD., Jeffery C. Wood, PSY.D., and Jeffrey Brantley, MD. I managed to do a couple of pages. It was difficult to do since I haven’t been feeling all that well.
9) See my therapist on Wednesday. Yup, I saw my therapist despite not feeling well. We discussed how I need to focus on what my body is trying to tell me. I find it difficult sometimes.
Despite not feeling well this past week, I managed to accomplish every goal. Now it is time to share with you my goals for this week.
1) Read Speaker of the Dead by Orson Scott Card. I am bound and determined to finish this book. I am loving the book, it just seem to be taking longer than usual to read.
2) Work on jigsaw puzzle. I am loving how the puzzle is slowly progressing.
3) Color. The various coloring pages or posters I am working on are finally showing some progress.
4) Start Writing 201: Poetry. I am taking another course that WordPress puts on to help improve ones blogging skills. I am looking forward this particular course because I love poetry.
5) Work on a self-help workbook; The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook by Matthew McKay, PhD., Jeffery C. Wood, PSY.D., and Jeffrey Brantley, MD. I am actually grateful that I have decided to do this workbook. It has helped me remember how much I have improved with DBT skills over the years.
6) See my therapist on Wednesday. Yes, I see my therapist again on Wednesday. I’m thinking it is a great thing because I have been feeling a little on the downside. Don’t worry I am pretty sure it is just because I haven’t been feeling well.
Well, it seems like I have been having some of the same goals for awhile now. I am thinking that next week I will have to change things up a little when it comes to my goals. I am greatly appreciative of the blogging event over at: http://greenembe.rs/2015/10/05/building-rome-week-40-for-2015/ Have a wonderful week. Peace Out!!