Today’s assignment for Finding Everyday Inspiration is to write a list. We were given a list of topics to use for idea’s for a list. I chose from one of the topics as it resonates with me.
Things I Have Learned:
- How to meditate, as it has helped bring peace in my life.
- How to do mindfulness. This has helped me calm my mind and bring peace to my life.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills as this has helped me a great deal with my recovery with mental health challenges.
- Learned how to read music when I learned how to play the flute. Playing the flute and reading music has helped me in many areas of my life. Music was the first way I learned how to express myself and my emotions.
- Learned how to play the harmonica. If I didn’t learn how to play the flute and read music I would have never learn to play the harmonica. This too has helped me in many areas of my life. Just like playing the flute it helps me express myself and my emotions.
- I learned the are of writing poetry. This has helped me express myself in ways people can relate to.
- I learned how to paint. In fact I am still learning how to paint. This has helped me express myself when I am unable to use words to express myself.
- I am in the middle of learning how to enjoy life even when difficult situations arise. I hope that someday I will be better at this especially among the difficult times.
- I learned how to do self care and how to appreciate it. This has helped me a great deal in my recovery
- I learned how to accept another persons love. In fact this is something I am still learning how to do. My cat, Lil Gertie, is helping a great deal with this as I have accepted other people’s love a lot easier since I adopted her. It is still a challenge for me but it has become easier since adopting my cat, Lil Gertie.