Hello, World!!! I’ve been unproductive today and unable to sleep. Or at least I feel like I’ve been unproductive despite the things I’ve done today. The picture above is one of the many things I’ve done today. I may not be finished with it but I say I was successful with my art today since I started the picture today.
Another thing I did was read. I read the book I’ve been reading for a while and am still enjoying the book a great deal. Below is a what I am reading.
Another thing I did was watch a handful of TedTalks. I watched some on race as well as those who live with autism. Here are my notes on two of them. One is about Autism and the other about race.
The World Needs All Kinds of Minds
- Autism is a continuum
- To understand Autism is to think pictures.
- Visual learning is key
- Pattern Thinkers: Music and math minds
- Verbal minds: Poor at drawing.
- Photo Realistic Thinks: Poor at Algebra
- Autistics tend to be fixated on one certain thing
Color Blind or Color Brave
- Race is a risky topic to talk about
- The first step in taking action is awareness
- Racial discrimination is bad for business
- Color blindness means ignoring the problem
- We have to be “color brave” by being willing to have open discussions about race.
- Observe your environment
- Speak up
Thank you for reading. I’m going to try and get some sleep now. Goodnight. Peace Out, World!!!